200 hour Teaching Training Course Overview
All that you need to know about our YTT
I feel like I’ve finally found a teacher that I trust
- Course Dates in 2023: September 3–23, 2023
- Location: The Sanctuary Retreat Center, Costa Rica
- Application deadline: June 1, 2023
- Full payment deadline: August 15, 2023
- Tuition: $4800 (EARLY BIRD) || $5000 (FULL PRICE) shared room only
The KotE 200 Hour Teacher Training Course (200 HR YTT) is a systematic and comprehensive approach to lineage based Hatha Yoga weaving in elements of Bhakti Yoga, Kriya Yoga, classical Tantra, and Earth-based practices.
For a complete picture of the course, please review:
- Your Invitation
- Application, Registration & Payment
- Course Policies and Terms of Agreement
- Retreat Center
NOTE: We have a 21 day program in September 2023 and will have a longer, 24 day shamanically oriented program in 2024. The dates for the 2024 program are February 1-25, 2024 and the location is at a very private and isolated location in the Chirripo mountains of Costa Rica. Please inquire directly for details as they will not be listed here.
Our program is designed for complete spiritual transformation via the following:
- A complete and immersive 21 day experience in Nature
- Organic vegetarian & Ayurvedic meals
- Studying the authentic wisdom traditions of Tantra and Hatha Yoga
- Learning how to communicate and embody ancient teachings for modern results
- Creating sacred spaces and delivering practices designed for transformation
- Understanding the underlying mechanics of spirituality and the awakening process
- The science of Mantra, Kirtan & group activities generating heart-centered coherence
- Learning to create communities, environments & classes that produce safe and effective “work”
- Knowing the mythology and archetypes corresponding to human psychology
- Safe and effective application of teaching methodologies
- Adequate leadership and development as a guide and support for others
- Discussions about the energetic and spiritual anatomy of the human organism
- Satsang with story-telling, scriptural analysis, and discourse
- Vedic astrology & cosmology; Tantric mythology; Ayurveda
- Dharma talks from the Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita and Ramayana
- Vocal activation work and introduction to classical Indian music and Vedic chanting
- Fire ritual (dhuni) and group worship (puja)
- Introduction to cacao as a ceremonial plant medicine
Successful completion of our 200-hour course grants participants permission to become a “Keeper of Yoga” and transmit the true teachings of Hatha Yoga & Classical Yoga anywhere. (Our school is officially Yoga Alliance approved)
- “Understanding the goal” – identifying and knowing the true purpose and potential of the Yogic path
- An extensive review of the source material such as the canonical Yogic texts of Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, the Bhagavad Gita, and the Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Comprehensive break-down and analysis of foundational yogic techniques such as Surya Namaskar, key asanas and vinyasas, and the classical pranayama methods of Nadi Shodhana, Kapalbhati, Bhastrika, and others.
- Systematic and progressive development and application of advanced yogic methods such as kriya, mudra, bandha, mantra, kundalini and yogic meditation techniques
- Enriching discussions and modern applications of ancient scriptures including mythology, cosmology, astrology, Ayurveda, Samkhya philosophy, and others
- Progression through the Five Elements
- Analysis of spiritual anatomy: the five “bodies”, the nadis, chakras and how to practically use this information for real spiritual transformation
- The Metaphysics of Yoga
- The Wisdom sciences of the Vedas, Samkhya, Ayurveda and Tantra.
- An exploration into the various techniques that lead to Self-Realization
- Complete teaching methodologies examined, investigated, and discussed and practiced
The KotE 200 HR YTT has a maximum enrollment of 15 participants.
To apply, please submit this Application Form.
For more information about the application process, please visit the Application, Registration and Payment page.
The KotE 200 HR YTT tuition fee is $4800 USD (EARLY BIRD) for shared room. The full price is $5000. At this moment, we have no private rooms available. For complete information regarding fees, please visit our Payment and Refund Information page (yes, payment plans are available – please check the payment page for more info)
***A $1000 non-refundable deposit payable via PayPal, Venmo, Wise, or Bank transfer will secure your spot on the training. Deposit can be made once your application has been accepted.***
Schedule, Food, and Accommodation
During the three weeks of our training, our schedule of study is from Monday to Saturday, beginning at 6 AM and ending at 7 PM. This is a rigorous and intensive form of learning and is extremely suitable for the digestion of higher subjects. On Sunday, students will have a a more restorative practice day with some time to rest, recharge, and enjoy time in the beautiful and pristine nature of Costa Rica.
Three nourishing vegetarian and mostly organic farm-to-table meals will be served per day at 9 AM, 2 PM, and 7 PM. Snacks, tea, coffee and fruit will be provided at other hours to ensure that you are adequately supplied with fuel during our process. Our food is carefully selected and hand-crafted by on–site yogis to provide you with both the best possible health AND the nourishment required to sustain you during powerful spiritual work.
You will stay on site the entire time of the training in a shared accommodation.
Both food & accommodation are included in your tuition.
Additional expenses you will need to arrange (our assistants can help):
1) Transportation TO and FROM The Sanctuary Retreat Center in Cabuya, Costa Rica
2) Staff gratuity and tips for our kitchen angels and space keepers